Hi Tevs

You are in a difficult position with this level of stress and having prior experience with leukemia.

You have already done the right thing by keeping tabs on your health and you just need to maintain your vigilance - but not to the point of driving yourself crazy.

Somehow you need to keep that balance of looking out for yourself without destroying your life with worrying.

Not a lot can happen between now and then and my feeling is that monthly might be a bit too much if you are keeping an eye on things anyway (just my opinion though). Maybe go in 3 months if you are still going crazy?

Whilst dysplasia can turn into cancer, mostly it doesn't - particularly when it is not severe (yours is classified as "moderate" so is still in the "might but probably won't" category) and often goes away by itself. Your doctor is giving it time to go away by itself. If, the dysplasia is still there after 6 months, your doctor is likely to investigate further but if you go sooner, he may still do nothing as the dysplasia may still go away by itself. I suspect this would not help your stress levels.

Karen
Love of Life to Alex T4N2M0 SCC Tonsil, BOT, R lymph nodes
Dx March 2010 51yrs. Unresectable. HPV+ve
Tx Chemo x 3+1 cycles(cisplatin,docetaxel,5FU)- complete May 31
Chemoradiation (IMRTx35 + weekly cisplatin)
Finish Aug 27
Return to work 2 years on
3 years out Aug 27 2013 NED smile
Still underweight