Hi RobinMarie, sorry to hear you're having these kinds of problems, but as others have already mentioned, if it turns out to be cancer, Florida has a number of top notch treatment options. I'm in the Pensacola area (far western panhandle) and am treated at "The Woodlands," an affiliate of MD Anderson of Houston (said to be the best in the country.) I'm quite pleased with my "team" and have been so since I was diagnosed in '09.

Someone else will tell you that you are you own best advocate, and I have to emphasize this. Make notes of the advice you are given here, and then use these to ask your MO (medical Oncologist) detailed questions.

It's a good idea to take another trusted individual (spouse, family member, or friend) along each time you you have a conference about your condition, to back you up; and that means have them take copious notes as well. You may miss something important otherwise.

DO NOT EXPECT anything to happen automatically. It's unfortunate, but true, that often you may leave a conference believing that your next step is being scheduled, but if you haven't been informed with the time, date and location before you leave the office, it hasn't. Check on it and don't leave without a confirming slip of somekind in your hand.

Push. Be the person you hate if that's what it takes, but push for progress all through the process. They are human, they get overwhelmed and things can fall through the cracks. Someone needs to keep on top of what's going to happen next, and that person is YOU. So never leave without asking, "What comes next - and when? If you don't get the "when" part before you have to leave, be a pest until you get an answer to that.

I sincerely hope this is superfluous advice and it turns out not to be cancer at all, but if it does not turn out that way, you know what to do.

Good luck,

Bart

My intro: http://oralcancersupport.org/forums/ubbt...3644#Post163644

09/09 - Dx OC Stg IV
10/09 - Chemo/3 Cisplatin, 40 rad
11/09 - PET CLEAN
07/11 - Dx Stage IV C. (Liver)
06/12 - PET CLEAN
09/12 - PET Dist Met (Liver)
04/13 - PET CLEAN
06/13 - PET Dist Met (Liver + 1 lymph node)
10/13 - PET - Xeloda ineffective
11/13 - Liver packed w/ SIRI-Spheres
02/14 - PET - Siri-Spheres effective, 4cm tumor in lymph-node
03/15 - Begin 15 Rads
03/24 - Final Rad! Woot!
7/27/14 Bart passed away. RIP!