Hi Folks: I have posted a little on recent developments with me: a paralyzed left vocal chord and new lesions. I had my CT scan this morning to rule out cancer recurrence. If the CT scan is clear (I'll know next Wednesday) we will start to talk about treating the paralyzed vocal chord. I have been doing some reading about this condition and wonder if anyone has had any experience with RRP (recurrent respiratory papillomatosis). I am seeing that there is a connection between RRP and HPV and since my tumor was HPV+ I am interesting in knowing more about this condition, how it is diagnosed and treated, and anything else people might know about it. Thanks, as always. -Michelle

SCC left tonsil, stage IV, HPV+, metastatic to one lymph node. Biopsy 12/23/10; tonsillectomy 1/13/11; DX 1/25/11; Peg in 1/28/11. Peg out 6/29. TX 1/31/11-3/21/11: 35 IMRT plus 3 Cisplatin. Pet-Scan 6/20/11 = CLEAR! Three years out, learning to live with the long-term side effects of radiation while reminding myself to feel blessed.