Hi Brandi - Looks like your Dad is coming down the home stretch with Tx getting close to being over! My son is in the "no peg" group but when the doctors mentioned the peg, we hadn't found OCF yet. My son, my daughter and a nurse friend of mine were all there at the meeting with the Cancer Team and they left it up to Paul whether he wanted it. Your mention of your Dad wanting a burger so bad struck a chord with me thinking about mhy son's sore mouth and taste problems during Tx. One day I saw him getting very close to his chicken broth and smelling it. I assumed he thought something was wrong with the broth but when I asked him about it, he said he had discovered that he could really enjoy the smell even though he could not taste and that smelling was a lot like the pleasure one gets from tasting. Don't know if this would work for your Dad in the same way or if it would just be painful for him to see the burger and not be able to eat it. Just thought I'd mention it in case it's something to try - or not.

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)