Hi! My name is Dan, and I just completed my first week of recovery following my chemo and radiation treatments for SCC of my right tonsil. I wish I had found this site as I was going through the treatment, but better now than never!

Two thoughts after spending some time reading through everyone's posts: First, the information that is shared between patients, survivors, and caregivers is a great resource. I don't know how much extra value I can add to what has already been written but I will add my 2 cents here and there in case it helps. Second, it is AMAZING to me how everyones recoveries are differenet and unique. The disease is so personal and impacts us all differently. I noticed that as I went through my treatments as well, 3 of us had the same general diagnosis but we all reacted/responded very differently to almost the same exact treatment plan.

Anyway, I will post my questions in the appropriate places but am very glad I finally found this site!

-Dan

11/2012 - Symtoms: earache
12/21/2012 - Diagnosed SCC, right tonsil
1/21/2013 - First Treatments, weekly Erbitux, Cisplatin, daily Ethyol, 7.5 weeks daily radiation
04/01/2013 - Last day of radiation!