Posted By: DanfordE Now I find you! - 04-07-2013 03:16 PM
Hi! My name is Dan, and I just completed my first week of recovery following my chemo and radiation treatments for SCC of my right tonsil. I wish I had found this site as I was going through the treatment, but better now than never!

Two thoughts after spending some time reading through everyone's posts: First, the information that is shared between patients, survivors, and caregivers is a great resource. I don't know how much extra value I can add to what has already been written but I will add my 2 cents here and there in case it helps. Second, it is AMAZING to me how everyones recoveries are differenet and unique. The disease is so personal and impacts us all differently. I noticed that as I went through my treatments as well, 3 of us had the same general diagnosis but we all reacted/responded very differently to almost the same exact treatment plan.

Anyway, I will post my questions in the appropriate places but am very glad I finally found this site!

-Dan
Posted By: Anne-Marie Re: Now I find you! - 04-07-2013 04:00 PM
Hi Dan - Welcome to a great place to be! And congratulations on completing your last day of radiation! You're right - everyone reacts differently and its rougher on some than others but it sounds like you are doing pretty well. Check in often and let us know how you are doing.
Posted By: Hockeydad Re: Now I find you! - 04-07-2013 04:00 PM
Welcome, glad you found OCF, and congrads on getting through treatment. You still have a rough 2-3 weeks a head of you, but you will get thru it. I hope you have a good support team with you. Keep up the hydration and cals every day, no skipping. Please feel free to share as much info as reasonable. The more people know about your treatment and troubles, the more people will chime in share what worked for them.
Posted By: debbiejeanne Re: Now I find you! - 04-07-2013 08:00 PM
dan, welcome to ocf. i'm sorry u need to be here but glad u found it. I hope ur recovery goes smoothly. ur right, everyone reacts differently to cancer and its trmnts. but in the end, we all usually get thru it. again, welcome, glad ur here.

debbiejeanne laugh
Posted By: KP5 Re: Now I find you! - 04-07-2013 09:01 PM
Welcome to the family! I found the site toward the end of our tx too. It was/is a Godsend!!
Kathy
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Now I find you! - 04-07-2013 11:05 PM
Welcome to OCF! Its always nice to have another survivor join the forum.
Posted By: Bart Re: Now I find you! - 04-08-2013 12:12 AM
Welcome Dan! Congratulations on the end of your Treatments, and your getting through them with your spirit obviously intact! May you stay clear from now on!

Bart
Posted By: gmcraft Re: Now I find you! - 04-08-2013 01:26 PM
Welcome to the forum. We are glad that you found us too. I'm sure your experience will help someone at some point.
Posted By: David2 Re: Now I find you! - 04-08-2013 04:13 PM
Congrats on getting through it, Dan. We all know how tough it is. Glad to have you in our merry band!
Posted By: PaulB Re: Now I find you! - 04-08-2013 05:21 PM
Welcome Dan!
Posted By: tamvonk Re: Now I find you! - 04-08-2013 09:32 PM
Hi Dan, glad you made it through treatments ok. This is a fantastic site. We too only found it after completing Rads and chemo. I'm sure you will have plenty to contribute.
Tammy
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum