Charles-
I started my radiation treatment in May and finished third week of June. Had two chemo weeks during treatment, one mid summer and last one first week of September. When I started treatment I had just gotten married and was looking forward to a honeymoon in Hawaii. The oncologist said I should be ready to go in September. Was way too wiped out to go on vacation and it was postponed until May! But I was able to start back to work part time in October along with my peg tube and cans of food.

Everyone is different in their recovery times, but the most docs do say give yourself one month for each week of radiation like Gary mentioned. If you can afford to take the time off from work to let your body heal I would certainly go for it! I am now two years out from treatment, cancer free, but the energy level is still not what it was. Good luck on your journey! - Kris

SCC Stage IV left tonsil neck disection 3/02 radiation finished 6/02 chemo finished 9/02
Stage 2A left breast cancer 3/09, chemo and radiation, finished treatment 2/7/10 -Stage 2 right beast cancer 10/14 chemo and radiation
Every day is still a gift :-)