I agree that the radiation is the culprit to having a peg tube. I recemently had a neck dysection and they also cut the sphinxter muscle in my throat so that i can eat. Excuse the spelling. When they did the neck they cut so many muscles and took out alot of what controlled my eating. I have had vita stim befor the surgery and it personally did not work for me. But I could swallow and they said it was all asperation because of the spinxter bar in my throat. If they would have cut that muscle sooner I would not have a peg. Well with this second muscle cut in the troat and neck area I again have to strengthen my tounge and jaw muscles to swallow again. I am doing new therapies and I project to be eating in about 6 months. It does take alot of discipline to do the excercieses, but I want to eat. I see a speech pathologist twice a week for one hour. I might have to have another operation once I start eating due to acid reflux, but will cross that bridge when I get to it. Keep on trying!!!

10/10 IV OSCC metastatic to lymph nodes. 10/10 Peg,Port,Trech. due to rad scarring cannot swallow. 9/12 Pet clean. SCC back again 11/12. Tumor attached to jugular, Rad DX left side of neck 11/19/12. No Chemo or Rads. MRI on 1/11/13 for chronic pain w/pet scan 2/15/13.