OK let me tell you, I have dealt with Ron going thru 3 surgeries, and after his partial glossectomy on May 13 he was pouring coffee down his tube plus his formula for a couple weeks than that Memorial Day he tried Red Bull and Vodka...yep he was bonging them thru his feeding tube...than the beer...until the tube came out. BUT he didn't drink alot because it did fill him up quicker AND he was doing it because it curbed the hunger he was feeling because it was too hard for him to eat...he still says now that he hates to eat, because it is so hard to do and takes away the pleasure of eating. So he did this beer thru his tube with 2 surgeries. AND yes he even damn smoked with his trach in! Believe me I was NOT a happy caregiver I tried the nice approach, that didn't work I screamed I cried I threatened...and I gave up, as the saying goes that I heard "he is the Captain of his own vessel" and there is nothing you can do unless they want to do it you just have to learn how to cope with it. And it isn't easy.

CG to Ron
Out of Pain 4/3/13
4/12-lung and under chin growth no treatment
1/13/12 lung biopsy
6/11 recur 6/30 resection #2 Clear margins
Clear 12/10
Surg 5/13/10 neck dis/nodes part gloss/flap R thigh all teeth out
RAD 30 8/10
DX 4/2/10 "Oral Cavity" T3NOMO
12/28/07 Non Hodg Lymph remission 7/08
passed away 4.3.15, RIP Ron, you are greatly missed