Thanks for all of your input and concern.

My docs gave me a goal of being up to 4 cans by this weekend and 6 cans by the end of next week.

I am sipping water throughout the day, but otherwise unable to tolerate any milk-based foods as they exacerbate the sores on my tongue. I'm making sure that I continue with the water and the swallowing saliva.

Christine, I have taken your advice and slowed down the flow with the bag feedings and added 1-2 cups of water to each feed. I sit mostly upright, in a very slightly reclined position for at least 60 min. I have a hiatus hernia, which makes getting filled up intolerable.

As for the defective equipment/plug, I am going to call the VNA tomorrow to see if they can have someone come out and replace the part or help steer me in the right direction. I may have to call interventional radiology (who put the PEG in) to fix it. I have an appointment with them on Friday in order to remove these special "tacks" the hold the PEG in place. The type of PEG that I have is called the "pig tail". I don't know if that helps anyone.

Thanks so much, my friends. This is getting to be very hard and I have a lot of help, for which I am grateful.

I'm just having a very hard time physically and emotionally right now. Sometimes I feel like this treatment is killing me instead of curing me. I burst into tears this week when my docs said it will be getting a lot harder before treatment ends.

37 y/o fem at Dx (23 wks preg @ dx on 3/16/11)
SCC L oral tongue (no risk factors)
L partial gloss/MND 3/28/11 @ 25 wks preg
T1-2N0M0; no rads/chemo
Tonsillectomy on 8/6/12 +SCC L tonsil T2-3N1M0 (HPV-)
Treated with 35 rads/7 carbo & taxol (Rx ended 10/31/12), but many hospitalizations d/t complications from rx.
Various scans since rx ended are NED!
Part of genetic study for rare cancers @ MGH.
44 years old now...I wasn't sure I would make it! Hoping for 40 more!