I had big problems with compazine but never had any issues with zofran.

Compazine can cause restless leg syndrome. I always laughed at those commercials on tv, never really believed it was something real. That was until I got it while I was sick as a dog. I paced the house, back and forth and was so exhausted I felt like I would fall over. When I would sit down my legs would bounce up and down like I was having a seizure. I felt like someone was controlling me like a remote control car. Compazine has several other side effects which can make it not the best but it doesnt happen to very many patients so unless you try it, you never know.

Zofran works by stimulating the brain to not feel nausea. I still take that even 5 years later.

There are several other meds out there that can help. one of the pills I took my pharmacy tech told me I was very lucky to get as it was $100 a pill. She said most insurance companies dont cover it so most patients have to go without. Wish I could remember the name of that medication but you know with this chemo brain of mine I cant recall what it was.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma