While the administrators let people ask about bogus and fake cures on the OCF forum, they also let me say plainly that they are cruel frauds. Please don't take this post personally, but I have found that people want so much to believe in this nonsense that the polite posts just don't get through to them and even worse, give regular readers the false impression that "its open to discussion".
There can be no rational dispute that the Gerson Clinics are complete and utter frauds that have been giving false hope to cancer patients for almost 70 years. There are no "true and official" Gerson clinics in the United States, only. in Hungary and in Mexico according to the Gerson Institute in San Diego which runs a so called Health Restoration Clinic where they explicitly state
[quote]As it is not a treatment center, we cannot accept guests who are sick. If you are ill and wish to begin the Gerson Therapy at a treatment center, please apply to one of the clinics for treatment.[/quote]
Of course since anybody can buy the DVD and claim to be doing Natural cures based on the principles of Gerson, there are plenty of places peddling this nonsense.

You need to face facts, not live in some delusion.

First of all, it is no longer true your husband has so much radiation to his throat that he could not be treated again for a recurrence. I had 72 GY of radiation the first time and there was no problem with my getting another 25 GY when I had a recurrence. I seriously doubt your husband had more radiation the first time than I did. So God forbid, it comes back, he can still have more radiation and chemo. I did and I'm still alive.

Okay, I can understand how you could be fooled, but look at the facts. Since 1947 every medical body that has studied Gerson's claims or his books has concluded they do not show any evidence of preventing cancer. Yes, it also advocates eating healthy food but so does everybody. Plus there is no one magic diet like Gerson claims.

Do you really think that coffee enemas cures Cancer or prevents it from coming back? Gerson theory does.
The PBS specials focused on the incredible claims they make , the propaganda movie the Gerson cult members made and it's DVD and in no way validate or substantiate this totally false cancer cure.

Gerson clinics are NOT a great place for anything except to buy false hope at exorbitant prices since Medicare, Medicaid, HMOs and every US insurance company refuse to pay for what has been shown time and time again to be a particularly cruel hoax on cancer patients.

Charm

Last edited by Charm2017; 07-18-2012 04:58 PM. Reason: toned it down

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button
2012: CANCER BACK -left tonsilar fossa
40GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin

Passed away 4-29-13