Just a quick note to all my OCF friends that as a result of a derrecho here in alexandria va my entire cul de sac has been without electricity since Friday night June 29th. So no Internet no email no TV no OCF forum and zero air conditioning. With temperatures between 98 and100 each of the 5 full days without juice, my neighborhood is literally steaming since the majority of ou city got power back Monday or yesterday. Worse the usual free wi fi spots were also out of business or else so overloaded by frantic young people who had never bee offline so long that my tired old laptop could not compete with their iPhones and iPads plus nowhere near enough outlets to plug into with surprisingly polite lines to plug and recharge
Apparently they are all at the Mall today in DC to see the fireworks so I was able to snag an outlet at Barnes and Noble.
happy 4th to you all. Dominion Power says our cul de sac.is a low priority and estimated service restoration date is Saturday or Sunday only 8 or 9 days without electric
Lucky for me I grew up with no air conditioning or Internet so I tell myself I feel like a kid again. So it may be awhile before I post or read the OCF forum. I know all too well that this is great news for some but "I'll be back" so no woo woo postings please
Charm

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button
2012: CANCER BACK -left tonsilar fossa
40GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin

Passed away 4-29-13