Susan

Nope, the doctors never used any lube of any type just water. According to the doctors, my stomach is as stubborn as the rest of me and simply refuses to let the silicon balloon alone but works hard to digest and dissolve it. When they removed it. the balloon is a brown gooey mess, half eaten away and just smears apart when touched. The combination of the digestive juices and constant stomach contractions are just too much for that little balloon to bear.
Even Medicare allows a balloon change every three months since that is already two months past the manufacturer's warranty.
The AMT balloon is thicker and apple shaped plus more able to withstand the stomach contractions than the Mic-key so I am hoping to at least go the standard 90 days.
For what it is worth, now that I have had both a Mic-Key button and the AMT Mini one button, the AMT is even smaller than the Mickey. with a lower profile, and lays even flatter against the skin.
Seriously, you should contact the Guiness World Book of Records to see if Tim is the Champion of Tubers. I've never heard of anyone who actually uses their tube daily have one last so long.
Charm

Last edited by Charm2017; 05-31-2012 06:13 AM. Reason: typos

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button
2012: CANCER BACK -left tonsilar fossa
40GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin

Passed away 4-29-13