Tim uses the Mic-Key button type tube. It lays almost flat against the body and uses a removable extension tube. Once the hole, or stoma, has been cut and healed changing them is amazingly easy. Even the patient should be able to change it without help.

I mistyped above, Tim�s first tube only lasted 15 months before the balloon gave out. The second one had lost much of the water in it due to evaporation, but the balloon is fine. I tested it by refilling it and letting it set on the counter in the bathroom. Yesterday, three days after it was changed, one of the terrier-ists was able to stretch up and snatch it. I found it after he had used it as a chew toy, having chewed off and eaten the feeding port cover � and the balloon was still intact and not leaking!

In my experience these things are nearly indestructible. Which leads me to wonder what the heck have you been doing to them, Charm? The water can evaporate and the instructions suggest checking it every month. If the balloon is failing then perhaps you are using an oil based lubricant or petroleum jelly? Maybe all the tannins you pour through it? Or all the acid that builds up as you force yourself to be so charming wink

At least you finally found one that works for you even with the supply problems.

Susan, CG to husband, diagnosed April 2010, age 56, non-smoker, no HPV
Mandibulectomy on left side May 2010 followed by 30 radiation, 3 cisplatin treatments.