People here like aquaphor and a few others I'm sure they will recommend - (they don't generally give you a cream - but they should tell you to buy one.) My hospital recommended 2 - glaxal base (which isn't available in the states ) - it was perfect for radiation, thick and creamy but not greasy! And Lubriderm which is great for now, not thick enough for treatment - aquaphor reminds me of Vaseline - not my favorite but it works... Just make sure your neck is clean prior to going in for rads - bring some with you and put it on afterwards - I'd actually run to the bathroom put the cream on and then rinse with the baking soda mix I carried in my purse... smile

I'm not sure if they talked to you about antioxidants and vitamins etc... They recommended no antioxidants and to make sure my vitamins didn't have an excessive amount in them. Antioxidants clean up free radicals - however this is counterproductive to radiation which uses free radicals to damage the cancer cells.

Good luck - you'll get through it!

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan