I wanted to let everyone know I will be the speaker at the Nashville Oral Cancer walk on April 14th. Ive already heard from a few of you that you will be joining me there. Some will be driving several hours to attend which is true dedication. Im very excited to get this opportunity to be a part of this event. Its their 4th walk this year!

Nashville walk

I will also be speaking at the Philadelphia Oral Cancer walk/run on April 29th. This will be their 4th year as well. I know there are many OCF members who live around the Philadelphia area. So far I have heard from 7 OCF friends who will be coming out to join me at this event. I am greatly looking forward to seeing everyone and hopefully meeting even more of our OCF family.

Philadelphia walk

I hope that everyone reading this post will help to spread awareness by promoting these walks. These events are so important to get the communities involved and give free screenings. If you know anyone in these areas, please encourage them to come out and support our efforts. If OCF has helped you or a loved one then please take a few hours of your time and attend one of the walks. Also bring a few friends along with you. Im sure you wouldnt wish oral cancer on your worst enemy so help your friends and family by making certain they have had a free oral cancer screening. Oral cancer knows no boundaries, it affects the young and old, smokers and non-smokers, HPV- or +. Please help support OCF at these events so OCF can continue to fund research projects and help to make oral cancer a thing of the past. I will be setting up a fund raising page in the near future, if you cant attend then please help by giving a donation if you are able to.

Thanks everyone!

Last edited by ChristineB; 03-03-2012 08:44 AM. Reason: change link

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV