Okay, due to legal issues, let me say that I know a "friend" who can can vouch from personal experience for the recommendations from Cheryl, Eric & David. This "friend" got thru the first time without a feeding tube due to Ensure Plus and MJ (vaporized). None of medications worked well for the nausea and usually "he" threw those pills up. Using the MJ for this medical purpose worked exceedingly well in that it not only made the Ensure Plus palatable but "he" was able to keep it down. There is a very good reason why every State that has medical marijuana specifically lists Cancer as a qualifying condition. NORML has an excellent web page debunking Marinol Marinol vs Natural
Plus "he" was able to keep "his" prescription opiate use way down. Okay legal hypocrisy parenthetical done.

One more thing I found helpful was to gargle and swish with cans of Seltzer water: it dissolved that damn mucous so I could spit it out and not choke. Just the mucous dripping down your throat is often enough to trigger a vomiting reflex.
I found the large bottles did not keep enough fizz so I bought the individual cans in six packs - just generic Safeway or any non brand name will work.

It's very tough and your post brings back bad memories but it does end.
Charm

Last edited by Charm2017; 01-02-2012 05:51 PM. Reason: added parenthicals

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button
2012: CANCER BACK -left tonsilar fossa
40GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin

Passed away 4-29-13