Colin,I am not sure if I am a right person to give you some response because I am also diabetic (type 2) but not sure whether it is IDD or not. Any way, being diabetic can slow down healing progress and the feeling of tiredness can be worse than others during treatment. I stopped taking diabetic medicine in the middle of treatment because I couldn't swallow pills. I could only take panadol and morphine syrup to reduce pain but this had largely increased my blood suger level. The oncologist told me that the major concern that time was to kill the cancer cells and the diabetic problem was put aside. I am almost two years post diagnosis and yet there are still some minor ulcers on my tongue. My doctor said the wound heals more slowly than others because I am diabetic. My blood sugar level has been under good control after I was able to take tablets by mouth and I keep on doing exercise. Hope my experience helps you feel a bit better.

Karen stage 4 tonsil cancer diagnosed in 9/01.

Karen stage 4B (T3N3M0)tonsil cancer diagnosed in 9/2001.Concurrent chemo-radiation treatment ( XRT x 48 /Cisplatin x 4) ended in 12/01. Have been in remission ever since.