Well, another funny development in the ongoing waiting saga ... Rang radiology at the local hospital to see if they could tell me when the ultrasound would be. The guy said he couldn't see it happening before Xmas - that's even as a priority. It requires a radiologist for the biopsy. Soooooo I thought to myself it can't be deemed that serious if such a wait is the order of the day. I'm going to Auckland City Hospital on 14 December and they should be able to tell me if the node is suspicious or not. (I hope.) Less than 3 weeks to go. And my ulcer has died down if not completely bowed out.
Funnily enough this sort of thing always happens to me even though I try to communicate clearly with doctors: I was given the runaround with my ovarian cancer and then with the first signs of oral cancer which I was told for years was just lichen planus.
Ahhh I'm going to enjoy the glorious late spring weather.

1996, ovarian cancer surgery + cisplatin and taxol.
September, 2007, SCC of left lateral tongue. Excision.
October, 2009 recurrence in scar tissue, T1NOMO. Free flap surgery from left wrist - neck dissection. 63 year old New Zealander. No chemo, no RT.
February, 2014. New primary in left buccal mucosa. Marginal mandibulectomy, neck dissection, right arm free forearm flap. T1N0M0 but third occurrence and some areas of concern: RT started 8 April and finished 19 May.