David,
I new here, but my name is David too! So besides sharing a name I see we share the same battle. "C". One thing was said to me early on that helped and it might help you deal with this too. Some people see cancer as demon that comes in the night and steals your spirt. Others see it like any other disease that can be treated and survived. Yours is the choice. I choice to be informed , be involved, and kick the s__t out of it!. Its a battle. Round one goes to cancer, but the rest of the rounds are mine and I'm going to win....!

Even though you state you know the side effecxts let me share with you mine. I too was told, but what I experienced was better.
- 3 weeks into it is when it starts to slow you down
-Towards the end I felt as you might in the moring
as you sit on the edge of your bed. Clearing the comb web's out, except it lasted all day. I didn't miss one day of work.
-scehdule the teartments late in the PM and don't go back to work after them.
- I never lost my salava....and it has come back somewhat after 60days. drink lots of water.
-warm showres at nigth before bed was and still is my savor.
never lost taste for sweets and vegtables (exclude tomatoes too much acid). meat and everything else became to taste like wood chips.
-drink 2 insure/sboost's per day...helps with the wieght issue....You don't want the feed tube.
-as you get further along ask me about your symtom because I might have forgot something that I did whichi helped
-GOOD NEWS...my taste came back...Not the same and it may nerver be totally the same, but I can taste......!
-ask all the questions, write them down and be deligant
-good luck and keep laughing...