Dave:
I'm living proof that there's something to the "gut" feeling. I had to argue with my GP and two ENTs to have my tonsils removed because needle biopsy came back NEGATIVE. Something just didn't "feel" right - all started with me accidentally finding a tiny, soft swollen place under chin that bugged me. All said adult tonsillectomies were bad and "Let's just wait and watch the swollen gland (they said from sinus infection). I begged, pleaded, then insisted on having tonsils removed. Yep, squamous-cell cancer underneath and wasted 3 months to where it spread to other side nodes. It will hurt no one to have a biopsy done on your lip - hopefully there is nothing there, but you will KNOW and not have to worry. Good Luck.

julieann

Julieann
Nov 2007 SCC on right tonsil following tonsillectomy. Was smoker, QUIT. (Stage IV T2 N2b) 7 weeks radiation one day/wk chemo (carboplatin and 5-FU). Allergic to Taxol; PEG in, lost 30 lbs. TX completed January 2008. PEG out mid- 2008. PET/CT 1/17/2011;2/3/12 NEGATIVE for cancer smile