Hi Folks! Hope all is well. I am six months post-treatment and life is pretty darn good: I am back to work full time, back at the gym, and have a lot more more energy. However, the lack of salivary function is troubling. I still can't easily eat anything that is not soupy or saucy. My oncologist says that what you get back for salivary function after radiation comes within the first year. After one year, what you get is all you will get. Since I am just past the half-way mark, I am worried. Does anyone have any advice for how one might encourage saliva? Herbal remedies? Acupuncture? Massage? I am open to anything. My doc says I just have to wait, but I would like to be a little more pro-active while I can. Appreciate any advice. -Michelle

SCC left tonsil, stage IV, HPV+, metastatic to one lymph node. Biopsy 12/23/10; tonsillectomy 1/13/11; DX 1/25/11; Peg in 1/28/11. Peg out 6/29. TX 1/31/11-3/21/11: 35 IMRT plus 3 Cisplatin. Pet-Scan 6/20/11 = CLEAR! Three years out, learning to live with the long-term side effects of radiation while reminding myself to feel blessed.