All,

Got word today that although they found inflammation they see no cancer on my lung biopsy. This was given with a guarded prognosis as the sample was not the best. My lung still refuses to fully reflate so here I lie in the hospital in Michigan. They think they can get me out by Wed.

In the meantime my brother decided to get a small spot on his gum checked out given all the troubles I have been having and the fact that he smoked for years (quit two years ago). ENT found two issues and immediately ordered a CT scan.

My Brother's CT scan showed a 2cm. lesion on the throat just above the vocal cords on the right side and a 1 cm legion between the upper and lower molars on the left side.

Doctor feels both are stage I/II SCC but has scheduled a biopsy for Thursday to make sure. Feels it is odd to have lesions on two sides of the mouth which we all know is unusual. My Brother is in Dallas Texas.

If Brothers biopsy comes back positive we will both be heading to M.D. Anderson Cancer Center together. I wonder if they have ever treated siblings simultaneously?

Kelly
Male
48, SCC (Soft Palet) Rt.,
Stage 1, T3n0m0,
Dx, 8-09, Start IMRT 35 9-2-09 end 10-21-09
04-20-10 NED
8-11 recurrence, node rt. neck N2b
10-11 33 IMRT w/chemo wkly
3-12-12 PET - residual cancer
4-12 5 treatments with Cyberknife & Erbitux
6-19-12 Pet scan CLEAR
12-3-12 PET - CLEAR