Hi,

This is a monumental event and hard at the same time. My husband went to a two day conference only 4 and a half week after treatment. I am so happy that he felt equipped to go 2 hours away for a conference. He will be gone for days. He went armed with Ensure, Carnation VHC and some of the foods that he can eat. Each day he seems to gain some taste back. Today we went to a farmer's market and he ate a pulled pork sandwich on a soft roll with barbecue sauce. Yahoo. We went out to eat twice this weekend and he actually enjoyed his meals.

I am so grateful for his continued recovery and for all of the support that I received from the forum. If newbies are reading this, keep the faith. There is an end to the suffering. My husband stayed positive throughout and was determined to "fight" this da** thing. And that he did.

Bless all of you on this sad day for NYC. Both my husband and I are from NY and can only feel sadness for all that happened this day 10 years ago. On a happy note my son was born 33 years ago on this day. A mixed blessing on September 11th.

EllenB

caregiver for husband
diagnosed with oral cancer May 2011 after 6 mo
node lft side and several in jaw involved
Base of Tongue Stage IVA
7 weeks radiation
Cisplatin-3 chemos (beginning,middle,end) IntraV administration