Wow that kid had a hard head!!! Im not surprised that your jaw is broken from what you had described. My poor poor buddy!!!! Im certain that you will be very busy getting all your things in order before you go on Monday.

I hope you will stop back onto the forum to check in. Jim....PLEASE!!!! have someone dependable make themselves an account here on OCF so they will keep us posted. DO NOT FORGET!!!!! Remember, I had my son join and he posted for me while I was stuck in the hospital. You may be there for a long time, dont leave your OCF family hanging not knowing if you are ok.

You and I have discussed this procedure many times. I know you dont want to go thru this but you will feel so much better when its all over. I know how afraid you are of all this, you can do it. After everything else you have gone thru this will be just a few more steps til you are well.

Make sure you tell those docs you want a possey muir valve for a trach. This way you will be able to talk. If you havent learned how to text message yet, get one of those grandkids to quick teach you. It probably will be easier to text than to talk for a while. Make sure you line up people to come stay with you while you are hospitalized. You need a team of advocates to be there to help ensure you are properly taken care of. My son would sit there for hours with me, even when I was kept asleep he sat there talking to me.

Keep your spirits up! Its not going to be easy but you can do this and finally be well. It really will be ok.

((((HUGS))))) and prayers to you my friend!!!!!

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma