Hi All,

So surgery went pretty good - dr had to go a bit back further again my bone than he originally thought, he said there was evidence that the tumor had been pressing up against the bone (back jaw)

Never realized I would have such a sore throat after all the tubes during surgery. I go to go home the same evening so it was very nice to be able to be at home in my comfy bed. So far recovery has been fine - they said I was so pumped up with steriods. Dr futran used bio skin to patch the "hole" so he warned me the forst 24 hrs I would feel great and then hit a brickwall...and yep, starting hit that brickwall.

Very greatful for pain med except they are not working for the sore throat and my right ear feel plugges, like it I had a bad cold.

Now, a week to wait for pathology - still holding on to hope that there was clean margins!!! I am so happy this step in fighting this is over, and hopefully it results that this is all over...but I keep hearing it is likely the tumor get upraded after a 2nd surgery. let's hope it remains a low grade 2 !!

Thanks for all your thoughts and well wishes. they hope results are back for my post op on sept 6th but he said the holiday weekend may delay it.

I will have to say University of Washingon Med Centers surgical staff was awesome! I am so grateful that Dr futran was my surgeon as I hear he is the best, so I felt like I was in good hand. The resection looks like they removed about a 1/2 dollar size area and all the way up to the bone on top and over as far as he could (the jaw bone) on the other side.

so far I can sip on a drop of water at a time and I can very slowly eat some yogurt...I let it sit out for warm up and can get about a Tablespoon down (take 20 minutes though!) so, if anyone had food tips that would be awesome smile

Thanks again for such a great community here!

Found questionable spot in routine dental cleaning 6/28/11
Consult w/ Oral Surgeon 7/20
Lesion removed for Biopsy 7/28/11
DX 8/3/11 MEC (Grade Low2)
upcoming resection surgery 8/31