I have been holding my own despite dry mouth issues and the constant need for a water bottle. I continue to try just about anything nutrition wise however I am having some issues with getting weight back on. The doctors want to see me with more padding next time we meet in Sept.
Curious to hear from anyone who could speak to the aftermath of radiation over the long haul. I have a lot of stiffness in my neck especially in the morning. I stretch and do my mouth/tongue exercises. Does this improve? Is it a roller coaster ride of ups and downs because I was not noticing this at all previously? I also find I feel swollen at times but it is usually in the morning and it doesn't last through the day, in fact it is usually gone by the time breakfast is over. Not sure if this is something anyone out there can speak to but I think there is at least "1" someone out there who knows what I am talking about.

63 years old
Nona to Alora, Emery, Ilyana, Harper, Nolan, & Rory. Yogini since 2012. Namaste.

Diagnosed 10/5/20 Oral Cancer/ RT side of tongue SCC Stage I Partial Glossectomy 10/23/20 Right Neck Dissection 12/4/20 Clear Nodes
BOT SCC 1/18/11 Stage IV N3 M0 HPV+ Port2/18/11
Treatment start 2/22
CISplatin 2rnds, Rads:35 treatments
July 12 doctors' deemed me cancer free-port out July 18.
Non-smoker, was a light-drinker No drinking since diagnosis