Hello All:
Just thought I'd pass this by again in hopes that someone else has similar problems/symptoms and possibly a solution. My treatments ended in 2/08 with the metalic mucus and associated after-radiation effects, for about a year. I never had dry mouth then though, which is strange. Just mucus. Then things subsided, with occasional mucus in the mornings, but would clear later in the day. Then, almost a year later, the mucus in my mouth became very, very sweet sick, to the point of almost making me sick. About 6-months after that, I woke up one morning with my mouth so dry that my tongue was literally stuck to the roof of my mouth. That is how it is now, and the sweet putrid taste is with me constantly. Sometimes my saliva is pasty, and sometimes it is frothy white. I have no dryness except upon waking and as soon as I brush my teeth, the saliva/mucus starts. I have been to ENTs, gastro doctors, allergists, and other doctors, who usually end up saying it's after-radiation effects. Is there any of you who have had such symtoms? From reading other posters, almost all suffer from dry mouth years after treatment - mine is full of this gook I either cough up or it seems to come back up into my mouth when it's white and frothy. Anyone? Suggestions? Thanks so much.
julieann

Last edited by ChristineB; 07-04-2011 03:19 PM.

Julieann
Nov 2007 SCC on right tonsil following tonsillectomy. Was smoker, QUIT. (Stage IV T2 N2b) 7 weeks radiation one day/wk chemo (carboplatin and 5-FU). Allergic to Taxol; PEG in, lost 30 lbs. TX completed January 2008. PEG out mid- 2008. PET/CT 1/17/2011;2/3/12 NEGATIVE for cancer smile