Thanks Christine!. I have experienced the, �No way, what you�re asking can�t be done Karen,� and �Gees Karen, you�re pushing the envelope� replies a couple of times. Hearing those words felt like the roof caved in on me. I was shattered! Since my jaw and face was re-arranged, I have cried more often driving home from medical appointments than I have about anything and everything that has upset me rolled into one throughout 40 + years.

I understand one thing in my favor is I had a bone mandible reconstruction, not a metal/titanium mandible reconstruction, otherwise I would have more complications and restrictions. My story would be different. It has taken a while, but I�m coming to terms with the fact I can�t get the shape and length of my lower face or chin back. Obviously this upsets me, but I�m doing my best to deal with it.

I�m on a mission to stop the dribbling and drooling I experience all day. (similar to a stroke patient ) It drives me bonkers! If I get that under control, I will be satisfied and in a better position to deal with the permanent swallowing and speech issues I have.

Karen

46 yrs:
Apr 07-SCC 80% entire tongue removed,T4N1M0
Neck/D,Jaw Split, Trache 2 ops,PEG 3.5yrs
30 x rad,6 x Cisplatin,
30 x HBO
Apr'08- flap Recon + ORN Mandibulectomy
(hip bone to reconstruct jaw)
Oct'08 1 Plate out-jaw
Mar'09 Debulk flap
Sep'09/Jan&Nov'10/Feb&Jun'11/Jan&Jul'12/Oct'13/April'14-More surgery