And the Manuke Honey debate rolls on. Still no mouth sores but I do have some burns on my neck and even my back. Today was the 1st day of week 5. So...I talked to my RO techs and they showed me where the beams are going. They are very concentrated on my left tonsil where my primary was and not too much around my mouth and tongue. However, there is even less on my upper back and I have burns all over it. They start out like freckles, harden, turn into blisters, and then scabs that are VERY sensitive and burn to the touch. Make no mistake, my mouth is nuked. Everything is light pink and feels like silly putty. The sal gland under my tongue is white with a dark red outline around it. Dry mouth and thrush too. Uvulia just about gone. Blistery bumps on back of tongue. I did have one sore on the inside of my cheek during week 2. That's when I froze the honey into a loszenger so it would stay "solid" and I could keep it in place. I did it three times in two days and the sore was gone. So...I think it's working. Oh, BTW the times of thinking the honey tastes good ended 2.5 weeks ago for me and it's tasting worse and worse every day. Sometimes it makes me want to barf. I just thought I would include that little fact for you Charm so you don't think it's my dessert. Will

Lump in left side neck discovered Sept 2009
Misdiagnosed & FNA inconclusive
Large lymph node removed Nov. 2010 SCC and HPV16 pos
PET pointed tonsilectomy Feb. 2011
1ml tumor left side tonsil
Rads scheduled March 14th 2011. 2X36 GY's (72)
CarboTaxol once a week X 4 or 5 starting 4/5/11
No PEG