Sometimes, you poor dentists just can't win. It's got to be hard when you know in your hearts you are doing all you can to help your patients and they in turn are upset (or give you a slap on the face).

That "C" word...whether your confirming that someone does or doesn't have it...it's such an emotionally charged word. It's a shame that one stupid word can have that much power. And, it's unfortunate when the emotions of that word are displaced towards you.

I think being a dentist is a tough job. I, personally, have a love/hate relationship with mine. He's a wonderful person and dentist, yet I hate, hate, hate going to see him...even for a routine visit.

I just had some old fillings replaced and I never do well with the numbing shots. Today, I look like a squirrel who has one cheek that is chock full of nuts.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure the dents my finger nails made in his chair while he was drilling are permanent. I wasn't in any pain, but it's the sound of the drill that sends me through the roof. eek

Keep up the great work guys!!

Margaret
----------
C/G: Husband, 48 (at time of dx)
Dx 5/18/07 SCC, BOT, lymph node involvement. T1N2BM0. (Stage 4a, G2/3)
Tx 6/18 - 8/3/07, IMRT x 33 Cisplatin x3 (stopped after 1st dose due to hearing issues). Weekly Erbitux started 6/27/07 completed 8/6/07.