Anne, Gary is right on the money all the way down. I used Ativan for anxiety and still do, and Percocet/Oxycodone for pain. And I was gobbling those guys like candy during treatment. For the last 2 weeks of same I had a 25 mcg Fentanyl patch to help. I was still in pain, but the Fentanyl I think smoothed things out.

Ditto Diflucan and Zofran. I found the latter didn't really help and it wasn't until I discovered good old Compazine several months after RT ended that I got some relief from 24 hour a day nausea. And I didn't have chemo, so the nausea was caused by the radiation alone. I hadn't expected that. My doc also put me on Prilosec right off the bat as she anticipated gastric issues, and she was right.

The constipation issue is a real bummer. (sorry.... couldn't resist) Something to be taken very seriously where long term opiate use is involved.

I may have mentioned in an earlier post that the best stuff I found for my skin when the burns got bad near the end was Silver Sulfadiazine cream. It's another old-line med, like Compazine, and it's great. You'll also probably get a topical like Miaderm for everyday use.

It's great that we have all these wonderful chemicals to help us out. They really do!

Best.
d2

David 2
SCC of occult origin 1/09 (age 55)| Stage III TXN1M0 | HPV 16+, non-smoker, moderate drinker | Modified radical neck dissection 3/09 | 31 days IMRT finished 6/09 | Hit 14 years all clear in 6/23 | Radiation Fibrosis Syndrome kicked in a few years after treatment and has been progressing since | Prostate cancer diagnosis 10/18