Minh - Don't know if this would help, but my son put gravy on just about everything. I think it helped to slide down the mashed potatoes or whatever he was trying to eat. And -
Suez - I sure do second what Davidcpa says about stopping the alcohol and smoking! Not sure if this is correct but I've heard of some Radiation Oncology groups that won't even do the Rad treatments to begin with if they know the patient is still smoking since it just cancels out the effects of the treatment. Maybe if you showed him what David said, coming from someone other than you, he might take note and be better able to make an informed decision about whether he wants to live or not. I cannot speak from experience because I've never smoked, but it seems that for some people, it is so very hard to quit. I just lost a very dear friend of mine - a nurse and smoker - to cancer. Now - regarding the beer, you could be sneaky and substitute non-alcoholic beer? Sometimes us CG's have to be sneaky and I have no qualms about that.

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)