I want to thank everyone who attended, our sponsors, our OC screeners, and our committee for making the walk a success. I also want to thank �Mother Nature� for the beautiful weather � I was really concerned that we were going to have to turn the walk into a �walk and swim� event after all the rain we had a few days prior to the walk!

The event was in a community park and had a lot of local residents who were there to attend a sporting event, use the fitness center, etc. We had a group of 20+ Temple Dental students who came to the event, and they set up a table between our pavilion and the community center�s fitness center. They passed out information and answered questions on oral cancer and proper dental hygiene for all age groups, including a lot of information for children. They also handed out a lot of free toothbrushes, toothpaste, dental floss, etc. They were a great group of students � the future dentists who are being trained to detect OC early! They plan on attending our walk next year and offer the same support.

The DJ who provided entertainment was an oral cancer survivor. Our planning committee consisted of 7 OC survivors and we all gave a brief talk about our OC experience. The local newspaper also had 3 pictures from the walk along with a brief write-up in addition to having the on-line photos.

If anyone wants to conduct an event in their area, Susan Lauria is a great resource and can certainly help make planning such an event, well not �easy� but certainly doable! Thank you Susan for all your help and advice!

Susan

SCC R-Lateral tongue, T1N0M0
Age 47 at Dx, non-smoker, casual drinker, HPV-
Surgery: June 2005
RT: Feb-Apr 2006
HBOT: 45 in 2008; 30 in 2013; 30 in 2022 -> Total 105!
Recurrence/Surgeries: Jan & Apr 2010
Biopsy 2/2011: Moderate dysplasia
Surgery 4/2011: Mild dysplasia
Dental issues: 2013-2022 (ORN)