Jim, I never thought about the difference between a Peg and the J/G tube I have. The J/G tube is 2 tubes in one. The smaller tube goes into my intestine right after the stomach. The other tube is very small and goes into my stomach. I use the J side which is signifantly larger and easier for me. Since I bypass my stomach for feedings, I face no nasuea or cramping. Also another huge bonus is that with my tube came a bag. It connects to the stomach part of my tube. When I feel nasueous, I hook up the bag and it takes out all the bile from my stomach and I instantly feel better. I could use the G side for doing my feedings too if I wanted.

The J/G tube would be something to ask your doc about. Not many people have these. I only got this type due to complications of the PEG tube being dislodged and it was attached to my abdominal wall. The pain was severe as was the pain of the operation to change the peg tube for the J/G tube. I was awake for the procedure and felt the whole operation. They were afraid to knock me out cuz of my jaw surgery and a breathing tube. Boy have I come a long long way in a year!

Hope this info helps you Jim. Speak up and get this taken care of so you are not in pain anymore. We have talked about this for a couple years....way too long!!!!! Nobody should go thru hurting for a day, let alone years. Please take care of yourself.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma