Debbie:
I totally understand how Jim feels about food. It's been over 2 years since my treatments, and I still have virtually NO appetite; also the smell and thought of food is a turnoff. I eat, but force myself to because I know I have to. That is what Jim will have to start doing. He should get some of the VHC Carnation Instant Breakfast drinks that are loaded with calories and the cans are small and easy to get down with a straw, in order to maintain his weight, and other suggestions from others on the Forum of what to eat/drink (Check out in the Search box). I can imagine how it worries you to see him not eating, but he's just not hungry, and has no desire for food - in fact, if he's like me, it's a chore to eat. BUT, he needs to either eat or drink in order to survive and that's what it's about. Tell him he's not alone because there are a lot of others like us, but we do what we have to do.
julieann

Julieann
Nov 2007 SCC on right tonsil following tonsillectomy. Was smoker, QUIT. (Stage IV T2 N2b) 7 weeks radiation one day/wk chemo (carboplatin and 5-FU). Allergic to Taxol; PEG in, lost 30 lbs. TX completed January 2008. PEG out mid- 2008. PET/CT 1/17/2011;2/3/12 NEGATIVE for cancer smile