The PET scan was clear. The tumor showed up on the MRI and the radiologist report said it was highly suggestive of cancer. Both surgeons made their diognosis from his report. They didn't give us much hope and one even said I had 1 year to live if I didn't treat the cancer aggresively. This surgeon scheduled the PET to see how far the cancer had spread to see if surgery was even an option at this point. My oncologist after reviewing both sureons reports suggested that they are just used to seeing negative results from head and neck cancers and not survivors. It is nice to prove them wrong!

Even though I have peace about eternal life every extra year I can hug my husband, encourage my youngest through the teenage years and maybe dance at a few more weddings puts a smile on my lop sided face! - Kris

SCC Stage IV left tonsil neck disection 3/02 radiation finished 6/02 chemo finished 9/02
Stage 2A left breast cancer 3/09, chemo and radiation, finished treatment 2/7/10 -Stage 2 right beast cancer 10/14 chemo and radiation
Every day is still a gift :-)