Angelia,

Now that you are nearing the end of that tunnel or may in fact already be out of it don't expect your recovery, which can take up to 2 years, to be a constant daily improvement. You will have bad days mixed in with good days for a period of time before the bad days slowly disappear pretty much for ever. General overall weakness is a part of our recovery process. It was months and months before I could lift a water bottle and put into a water cooler. Take it easy, it's not like you are recovering from a bad cold you know!! Also be on the lookout for some mood swings. A lot of us tend to get depressed in the early stages of recovery and just like everything else connected to this crap, we all can be different. I know we have had some that even consulted with a professional so just be aware that it is something that may pop up in the future. Also stay on top of your TSH levels as thyroid damage usually shows it's symptoms later on down the road.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.