Tammy

I too had accepted extreme fatigue and that hangover feeling as just the result of having so much radiation because my doctors (at a Comprehensive Cancer Center yet)kept insisting my thyroid levels were "within range". Here is my canned screed
[quote]Radiation very often damages the thyroid and leaves the patient cold and weak yet because there is controversy over what is the right TSH level with labs having a 5.5, a 4.5 or the most advanced ones in tune with the 21st Century, 3.0 as the highest acceptable level, it is very very hard to get a doctor to prescribe thyroid medication without pre TX baseline. I am a personal example since before TX, I had a TSH of 1.6 and after TX it shot up to 4.3 but no doctor would help me these last two years until I discovered blood tests done by a cardiologist that I got the results from the day after finding out I had cancer so I had paid no attention to the 1.6 TSH. With that, I have finally been started on one little pill that my endocrinologist thinks will bring back both energy and warmth.
I hope you have results of a pre TX TSH test
Disclaimer: I have a degree of Doctor of Law, NOT Medicine[/quote]

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button
2012: CANCER BACK -left tonsilar fossa
40GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin

Passed away 4-29-13