Joe had a recurrence in his left neck this summer, and since he had already had a rnd and rt there twice, it looked bad. We went to MDA and Dr. Hong agreed with our onco to keep Joe on Taxotere and Erbitux, no radiation and surgery. Our radiation onco decided to give cyberknife a shot, and long story short, it didn't shrink the cancer. He has a quarter size wound on his neck, CT scans still show cancer in the left neck (not anywhere else), and they have given him a break from chemo because he has a staph infection he can't kick in his neck. He is in lots of pain. The whole cyberknife thing was tough because we thought it might do the trick and now we are right back in non-curable land.

Just wanted to update as I have been unable to read this board for a bit just because I am super emotional. I have not told my little boys that the end is inevitable (still hoping for a miracle), but I think if the doctors tell us the time is getting short, I will.

Thank you for all of your prayers and support.

CG to H, Joe, 30 yrs old. 7/06-stage I SCC removed from tongue. 1/08-radical neck rt side, 8 positive nodes, imrt/cisplatin 6 wks. 1/09-6cm pos node on left neck. IMRT and carbo/taxol/erbitux 6 wks, surgery in April. 7/09-recurrence left neck. Erbitux, taxotere, 2nd opinion scheduled at MDA...