I was on a CPAP w/out a humidifier, but added one before treatment and found it tolerable. I used the CPAP every night. I had to. My own snoring would wake me up! I did wake up with a drier mouth than usual. After treatment I got a little esophogaitis that may have been caused by the dryness. That�s gone now.

To JeffL, I think my snoring may be alleviated somewhat too. I haven�t tried to sleep without the machine yet, but I do feel more refreshed than I used to when I wake up. Maybe the BOT tumor back there had something to do with my snoring.

A suggestion I have is to look into a TAP (Thornton Adjustable Positioner) . They supposedly work pretty good. It is like a pair of those invisiliners used for braces except the bottom one attaches to the top one and you turn a small screw that pulls your jaw forward. This leave a larger �hole� for air to pass through at the back or your throat.

I don�t know how this would work with someone who has had their teeth removed, but it might be worth checking out it.

NOTE: the TAP is not the only device available, but the one most dentists, including mine, are pushing. With a little googling you will find a lot of people trying to get into this market because it appears to be working.

57 @ Dx, Stg IV BOT (1.5cm), lymph nodes (lrgst 2.5cm), non-smoker, casual drinker and exercise nut, Cisplatin x 2, Erbetux w/IMRT x 35/70Gy, PEG, Treated in San Antonio @ CTRC 12/16/08-1/27/09.
3/5/09-CT
6/12/09-PET, PEG out
12/1/09-CT
12/6/10-PET
12-8/11-CT
1-4/13-CT
(all clean)