Being tired could very well be that your Thyroid was fried by the radiation. Mine crapped out 4 months post Tx. It's called Hypothyroidism and a lot of develop it after our radiation. Have your TSH checked during a routine blood workup. If that's the case a simple one a day pill corrects that.

Being tired can also just be a part of the slow recovery that we all experience. Our recovery can take every bit of 2 years with the first year usually the worst and slowest.

The mucus is normal and remember each of us can be different but even almost 3 years post Tx I still have more mucus production today than I did pre Tx.

The coughing may be due to the excess mucus.

The temporary sore throat may be just from the amount of coughing that you are doing.

As with every thing that goes on post Tx, be sure to write all your questions, fears and worries down and get an answer to all of them at this next appointment.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.