Thanks, all - maybe I am the one who needs to chill. (herson, what did you mean by "hmmm"?) Actually, I guess I had an expectation that my husband would come through this and not want to waste time being upset about little things, which is how he was before the cancer, and how he still is. I guess that is what I thought would change in him. Maybe that doesn't make sense. I know I cannot understand how he feels internally, and I try to be supportive and offer help without insinuating how I think he should feel or be. I just really want him to enjoy life at this stage he is in right now, which I hope is permanent, because he is finally starting to feel halfway decent, and since the "odds of recurrence" are high, I want this time to be a peaceful time. Not a time of arguing about whether there is enough room to put stuff away in the fridge after a family cookout, why do we have so many sodas in the cooler, and so on. Thanks again for your insights.
Michele

Michele, caregiver to husband, Jesse, SCC diagnosed 1/5/06 unknown primary, lf neck mass >6 cm. Chemo (Cisplatin 2x; Carboplatin & Taxol 2x) & XRT radiation 39X ending 4/4/06. Rad neck dissection 8.5 hrs 4/13/06. 30 HBO treatments Fall 2006.