Hey guys - thanks for the info on the Carnation. I will print that out for my resource folder. I like the idea of getting more calories in a fewer number of drinks, because from what I'm reading that is going to be very hard. Keep those tips coming and I've started searching the other posts for all that kind of information. The most imminent thing we have on the agenda is getting Dan fitted for his mask. I'm nervous about that.
Marina - I prayed for you last night and again this morning. I am so overwhelmed with David and Emily and I cannot begin to imagine you with 2 little ones and 1 on the way. And your family not nearby. Do you attend a church or take part in a mom's group? Great support is availble from those.
We are very blessed to have a local church, local friends and family (I am from this area originally) and I belong to a mom's group who are very supportive and are starting a meal/help calendar for us.
Regarding the kids, we have told Emily (the oldest) the facts in a matter of fact way and let her ask questions as she wants. She calls me everyday she's not here and usually has new questions. The summation of what we told her is that daddy has a big battle ahead and it's going to be tough and it will take all of us to help him get through it, but we will get through it. She's too old to be lied too and she has a close school friend with leukemia so she's not totally in the dark regarding cancer. And over the years she and I have talked about the fact that my mom died of cancer As far as David (almost 3) - we just tell him that daddy has a boo boo - which fits lately because of the surgery bandages, drains, wound, etc. And when daddy is sleeping we can't go jump on the bed because daddy needs to rest to make his boo boo better... I'll continue to keep his pediatrician apprised of the situation and I have the utmost confidende in her and if she advises me to do anything else I will probably take her suggestion. I also plan to talk to her about Emily and I want to go to the book store and see if I can find a self-help book on the issue. Regarding daycare - David has been attending a 2-year-old-kindergarten program on M/W/F from 8:30 - 12:30. He loves it and is learning alot and that has given me some "me" time and it's the time I have been doing my work for our business. I've explained to them what we are facing and they have beeen very supportive. I asked did they have a spot for me to increase him to 5 days if/as needed and to have him stay through the afternoon nap time (3:00) as needed and they said they would make room for him. Then today when I dropped him off the director pulled me to the side and said that I could bring him whenever I needed - all 5 days and have him stay late and that my tuition would not increase at all. I will continue to pay for only 3 days. I was very touched!! I am a little worried about summer, because Emily's mom works full-time so she stays with me everyday througout the summer. That means she will be here and see the really bad times 1st hand. But we will just get through the best we can and if we need to have her talk to a counselor her mom and I have alredy discusssed that we will do it.
Whew - that was long :-). Well Dan is having a really good day and David is safely at school for a few more hours so I am going to have some me (nap) time. I've not been sleeping and having nightmares and panic attacks at night - I think because I'm so "strong" through the day that it all catches up at night. So I am going to lie down with my sweet boxer dog Teddy and just chill for a little while.

Michelle, CG to husband (45), DX 2/08 Stage IVa Adenocarcinoma Salivary Gland (T2N2bMO)
Parotidectomy & ND 2/08, Tumor margins not clear, 4 of 30 nodes positve for cancer,
TX IMRT 39x, cisplatin 7x (completed 5/1/08),
PEG (4/22 - 7/9), No port. Currently in remission!