You guys are so supportive already - thanks a ton for that. We had a long and informative visit today. TX recommendations will begin with a full body Combo PET/CT scan to be done ASAP then 7 weeks of photon radiation to be done @ 5 days a week. Today was the Radiation Oncologist - next week, Tuesday, we meet with the Medical Oncologist to discuss chemo. Tomorrow we will go have a tooth extracted. Doc today said exact name of cancer is Adenocarcinoma of the Parotid. We will have a planning meeting and mask fitting session next time we go. He went over the side affects, etc. and talked about the nutrition and possible tube that could be needed on down the road. Most of the side effect stuff we had read about online.
There were actually 3 lymph nodes visually affected and the tumor was felt to be resected successfully, but the margins weren't clear. The cancer is considered aggressive and mid-grade. Stage IV was correct. Now we just need to find out if it has metastasized anywhere.
I'm of course petrified, but suprisingly feel better today than yesterday. I guess because we have something of a plan and we are actually taking action to fight. My husband's spirits are pretty good. We went to lunch after the appointment and he talked about wanting to make sure he's around to be remembered by our son (he's 2 & 1/2). That just breaks my heart and that's my biggest fear too.
I can't tell you how happy I am to have found this group. I know it will be "just the place" for us during this.

Last edited by luvmyhubby; 02-20-2008 11:57 AM.

Michelle, CG to husband (45), DX 2/08 Stage IVa Adenocarcinoma Salivary Gland (T2N2bMO)
Parotidectomy & ND 2/08, Tumor margins not clear, 4 of 30 nodes positve for cancer,
TX IMRT 39x, cisplatin 7x (completed 5/1/08),
PEG (4/22 - 7/9), No port. Currently in remission!