Ok Michelle,
That is just too weird about our hubbies' disabilities but I will say the first time you posted, I felt, I knew you! We are too much alike! You were like me...a sponge for information, reading, reading, reading...it was so refreshing to see your first post with intelligent and informed questions. I have admitted to this board, I am not the most patient person with those who don't research a little before asking a question. I always try to respond nicely, but if I can't, I let others respond.

Your blog will be great for you..a place to just let it out. I did a weekly update and sent it out on a distribution list to family and friends. Funny, if I was even an hour late getting it out each Tuesday, I would get phone calls and emails asking if all was OK. It would take me an hour or so to write it each week, but it helped me consolidate and make peace with what was going on at the time.

I did not have the added responsibility of small children during our "storm" and I know that it will be hard, but kids are so resilient and as long as you maintain open communication, they will be OK. In fact, Dad may be around a little more for them..he will have days that he doesn't feel like doing much more than sitting in front of the TV...good snuggle time!

OK, I am closing down for the night...I don't have kids at home anymore, but I have an 82 YO mother who underwent her second cataract surgery this morning and I am sinking from another day of caregiving...I am getting pretty good at it!

Hugs Michelle..hope you and hubby have a restful night.

Deb..caregiver to husband, age 63 at diagnosis, former smoker who quit in 1997.
DIAGNOSIS: 6/26/07 SCC right tonsil/BOT T4N0M0
TREATMENT START: 8/9/07 cisplatin/taxol X 7..IMRT twice daily X 31.5.
TREATMENT END: 10/1/07
PEG OUT: 1/08
PORT OUT: 4/09
FOLLOWUP: Now only annual exams. ALL CLEAR!

Passed away 1/7/17 RIP Bill