Hi Delia,

There is nothing like a great project to looking for...especially a wedding. I am so happy for you and Charlie.

The emotional ups and downs are totally understandable and to a certain extend "healthy". I know it is not easy for the caregiver/soul mate/wife/husband simply because often we are now dealing with a "new" partner and as much as we want to help and support we seem not to have it right. It is a constant reajustment. Let your love lead you!!!

Regarding the f-up PET scan. I thought I would share this info with you as I just found it myself this week. I made a "field trip" to the school of medecine's library looking for info the PET scans and its efficacy etc.... I have found a journal article ( which I gave to our RT) in the Head and Neck Journal dated 2001 ( I know it is not the most updated one). It basically said that a PET scan should be done after RT and chemo in no less then 4 months. Again according to the article it seems that there is a high false positive rate within the first 1 to 3 month. My husband finished the Rt on 13th of April. We have discussed it with our RT and he will have it in September.

The last thing I want is to worry you but I thought it would be helpful to you as well as it is for us.

ciao Bella!

Wife of David, 44yo, SCC-BOT-R) mod. rad. ND in Jan 06. 35x standard RT from Feb-April 06. Recur on L) side same level in Sept 06 with mod rad ND. 1/48 node positive SCC + 1/48 positive micropapillary carcioma consistant with thyroid CA.