When Charlie was first diagnosed, we sat in the ENT waiting room and he said that Charlie probally would have developed it sooner or later, but becasue of his smoking it metastisized early- this he said was because it was genentic.
But truthfully- I DID NOT feel comfortable with this doctor. He was somewhat of a "hot shot", he called Charlie on his cell phone on a FRIDAY at 5pm to tell him that he has "really aggressive larnyx cancer" and he would give him an appointment the next tuesday at 10. I dont think either of us remember a moment of that weekend.

One question- I guess larynx cancer isnt oral cancer- it is head and neck. I really love this site- can i still post or is it not approprite because of the different cancers? They all require the some of the same treatment, PEG Tubes, pain meds, eating issues- I think that I can offer really good avice- I would still like to contribure and keep everyone posted. Im sorry.

Delia- Caregiver and fiancee to Charlie ,age 30,(SCC of Larnyx-Stage IV) chemotherapy and radiation- no surgery finished tx:4/7/06 SURVIVIOR!