Delia.

Congratulations...nothing like a wedding date to give you reason to recoup faster. Thats happy news and I hope you get even happier news on June 2nd. I'll be praying for you, be sure to let us know.
My husband actually had a really good night tonight so I guess he's following the pattern of good days and bad...just when I'm about to give up I see a glimmer of hope. His mucous is still really bad but maybe has improved if I look back about two weeks ago from now. The mucous has been the most troublesome thing for him..At least the pain meds manage the pain if we keep up on it. Hes on 75 mg fentanyl patch and oxy fast solution(oxycodone without the tylenol)every 4-6 hours. I don't know about you but my husband is not the same man I know since his diagnosis. They have put him on an antidepressant so hopefully trhat will kick in and help him thryu these next few months of recovery. Your husband is far too young to be having to deal with this disease...It's so unfair. Did they say what the cause was? My husband is 47 and I thought he was young.

Taxol is one of the chemotherapy drugs they used for Stephen. Which ones did they give your husband? Did they say what caused the nerve damage? I'll have to ask about the Neuronton for my husband...I haven't adressed the shaky hands with the M.O. yet.

Kerry/wife of stephenm
StageIV - Base of Tongue T4N0M0
XRT x42 / Taxol and Carboplatin x4
Tx. Finished 5/08/06